Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Art of Volkswagen Maintenance...


I just got home from having my car towed. It died yesterday, and I don't have towing on my insurance (liability only baby!) so my friend Jenn offered me a tow from her package. She wanted to take care of it after she got off work at 11pm. Note the time now is 3:32am. She met me at midnight, we went to my car and called Roadside by 1am, were quoted an hour and a half, and I am just getting home. Jenn still has to drive clear across town, and wake up at 7am to get her daughter to T-Ball. (Thanks, Jenn! Much love!)

This couldn't come at a worse time. May and June have been record slow months at the restaurant, and my shifts end up getting cut early, or altogether some nights. I just moved, and the deposits are hefty. Car insurance and numerous trips to Seattle this month (not to mention New Orleans at the end of the month) make this stretch a pretty rough one.

I started a book today by Shane Claiborne - "The Irresistible Revolution." Shane grew up a privileged white suburbanite in Tennessee, and now has almost no possessions, makes his own clothes, and ministers to homeless people in South Philly, Calcutta, Chicago, wherever he is. He takes Jesus seriously about the lily and the sparrow. Maybe I will, too.

Signing out for some shuteye... More later.

No comments: